JFS Orlando CARES provides emergency financial assistance for Orange County residents who have been impacted by COVID-19. This program may provide up to three months of rental assistance for those who qualify. Funds will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Eligibility Requirements for Rental Assistance:
- Must reside in Orange County and have been an Orange County resident for at least the past 12 consecutive months
- Household income must be below 80% of area median income based on household size
- Applicant or a household member must have been impacted by COVID (i.e.: job loss or reduction in employment due to COVID, COVID diagnosis, etc.)
- Cannot live in Section 8/HUD subsidized housing
- Must have a formal lease/rental agreement
- Must be at least one month past due on rent
- Cannot be receiving financial assistance for rent from another source (i.e.: local government, United Way, another social service agency, etc.) covering the same time period as the funds being requested with this application
- Cannot have received financial assistance through Orange County's Emergency Rental Assistance Program at any point in time
Applicants Will Need To Provide The Following Documentation:
- Proof of residence (photo ID or household bill with your name and current address)
- A copy of your current lease/rental agreement (your name must be listed on this document)
- Past due notice indicating total amount owed
- Proof of income (i.e.: paystubs for two months, benefits letters or other formal documentation noting sources of income and amounts received, Zero Income Declaration Form, etc., as applicable.)
We encourage you to gather all of the items listed above prior to beginning your application.
Applicants Will Need To Complete The Following Forms Which Will Be Provided In The Application:
- Income Calculation Form
- COVID-19 Form
- Landlord/Lease Verification Form
Please note, you will need to register for a SurveyMonkey account in order to apply.